Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Stones I'm working on today




I feel kind of bad, I have been so addicted to my rocks I have not been keeping up with my blog and other fun computer stuff! So here's an update!

I am working on a variety of pieces today. I am super excited about this big chunk of Mooka I have, I had cut and sold a cab from it yesterday, and the rest of the rock looks to have some amazing potential! Also, I have found a part of a Porcelain Jasper slab that looks like the clouds are blowing on the earth, like you see in old cartoons. My husband sees aliens attacking, but I see clouds :)

The Gem Shop just sent us 5 more pounds of Amazonite and they are now sold out. One of the pieces is a darker color than I have seen this stone to be, so that will be exciting to see how it comes out.

And last but not least, I am still attempting to work with some Rainbow Moonstone. I have cut this material efore, but I am having problems with the stones breaking with this batch. It $30.00 a pound, it's not a stone I want to mess with as much as I already have!

Hope you'll all keep an eye on my etsy shop to see how some of these come out this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment